Are you crazy about dogs? Or do you prefer cats? These are questions most of us know the answer to without any hesitation. Whichever the case is, we can bring just as many arguments to both sides. A survey has shown, though that 74% of people preferred dogs over cats. Lets see these people’s arguments.
Advantages of owning a dog, drawbacks of having a cat
1. Dogs will tilt their heads and try to understand your every word. Cats, on the other hand, will just choose a good nap over you.
2. Cats look ridiculous on a leash. (See here why they still need to go for a walk.)
3. When you get back home, your dog will great you wagging its tail. A cat would still be mad at you for having left in the first place.
4. Dogs will love you all their lives. Cats only seek revenge whenever you do something they don’t like.
5. Dogs can tell when you are under the weather and will try to cheer you up. Cats don’t care about your mood as long as you give them their favourite food.
6. Dogs bring you your slippers. Cats leave dead mice in them.
7. When going for a ride, dogs sit on the seat next to you. Cats need their own special basket to sit in.
8. Dogs come to you when you call them. Cats do it when they are hungry.
9. Dogs like playing with you all day long. Cats only play with tiny mouse-like stuff.
10. Dogs would wake you in case of a fire. Cats would simply slip out on the back door.
As you can see these are a few pro dog arguments. They are subjective points of view, so I don’t really think we can decide which species is better. I believe that depends on which suits better your personal needs and your lifestyle.
Want to find out what cat owners claim? Read the Part I of the article.